Tonight Abby was on the couch looking at something and I heard her talking to herself (which isn't abnormal, she talks to herself a lot, especially when she is playing mom and dad) so I looked over and could tell she was looking at a magazine. I asked her what she was doing and she said reading. She held up the Ensign (for those not familiar with the Ensign, it is a magazine that our church sends out every month- it contains articles, talks by church leaders, stories, etc)
As she holds up the magazine she says to me, "Jesus died in a forest. I was a baby when Jesus died. I was there- in the forest." "I really was mom."
She then turned the pages of the magazine and held it up to the page that had pictures of the General Authorities of the church (the leaders of the church) and says," And mom, these are my best friends. They are my friends, they really are."
Such profound words for a little 3 year old.
2 comments:
oh my goodness. what a sweetheart!
makes me want to go listen to "studpid old pick up truck!" I love Abby!
Wow, that's such a great story. Doesn't it just make you wonder how much they actually remember?
Post a Comment