On Tuesday we visited Britton's school, as they were doing their traditional end of year field day and author's tea. Both Blake and I were able to go and left the girls with a friend, which was so nice to be able to have that time to give to Britton and not have to chase the girls around. Blake and I were talking to Britton's teacher, who lives in and grew up in the little farming community we live in- and she was telling us how she loves to see her previous students working at the local store, etc. Blake said to her something about seeing Britton when he is older and her reply was, "Oh yes, I already told Britton he has to come see me when he is Famous." We laughed- she thinks Britton is a talented student/writer and I thought that was such a cute compliment!
As of tomorrow, Britton is done with first grade. I am anticipating some tears- similar to last year, he doesn't want school to end. This is one sensitive kid- I can't believe how hard he cried last week when Danny Goeky got voted off American Idol- wow! Anyway, he has had a super year and Blake and I had fun cheering him on at field day and listening to him read his stories at his author's tea. We are super proud of him and so glad he had a good year!
1 comment:
I'm sure he's going to be famous. He already is in my eyes!
Post a Comment