Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Take That, Dad

I got laughing tonight thinking about a comment that Britton made to Blake a few weeks back, and decided I needed to blog about it so I don't forget it...It was so classic.

I need to preface this story by saying, incase you don't understand the humor in this story, that I am married to a master of energy saving techniques. When I first married Blake, I never really understood why in the world anyone would hose down the back of a house, or put a huge, loud fan at the bottom of the stairs (and one at the top of the stairs, too), or why in the world you would open every single door and window at 6 am "to let all the cool air in" (I mean isn't that what an air conditioning unit is for?)

Now that we have been married 9+ years, I have really grown to appreciate Blake's efforts to conserve energy, plus save some money too. His efforts always pay off, for our energy bills are quite low. His habits have grown on me and I find myself doing the same things, and our kids are in on it too...

So with that background here is the story I can't stop giggling about.


I can't remember the exact sequence of events, but Blake was getting after Britton for doing something, or not doing something- but anyway Britton was getting pretty angry at Blake for getting after him.

Instead of arguing, Blake started to walk down the hallway, however, Britton did not want to be finished with the argument. He was going to get the last word in.... So all of the sudden I hear Britton walk over to the fridge, open up the freezer and the fridge, and yell down to his dad, "Well, oh yeah dad, look at me, I just opened up the fridge and the freezer and I am going to leave them open and let all the cool air out of them" ...(another no-no at our house..)

It was so great. I could hear Blake down the hall just bust out laughing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is funny! It is so great to hear what kids come up with to "get back" at us! That is classic!

Kim said...

thanks for sharing. toooooooooo funny! almost like "i'll kick you in the knee and not the bad knee, the other one". 'member that one from days at 2221?