Monday, October 6, 2008

There is no place like Grandmas and Grandpas






We decided to head up to Casper this past weekend to spend some time with my mom and dad, plus Teresa and Brittnee's families. It was a great weekend filled with laughter, food, pretzels at the Casper mall, along with some fire building,nail painting, and dressing our old barbies in all the fun clothes that we so fondly remembered (Did we have homemade everything?). For some reason when I get to Casper I can suddenly consume 90% more food in one day than I usually do. I have no problem eating 5 peanut butter bars in one day or drinking 3 diet cokes before noon. Maybe its because we stay up way too late and then the kids wake up way too early. I am blaming it on that rather than lack of self-control.

My little nephew Logan has grown so much and he is so handsome and such a good little baby. Abby was content to sit next to whoever was holding Logan and just staring at him with a huge smile on her face. Britton and Austin shot lots of hoop and even made up some little skit while they were watching TV in the garage (complete with a recliner and grandpas favorite mints).. Too much fun. I think Brittons words most of the weekend were, "Sweet" or "Good times, good times" Britton even cried when we were leaving and I said to him, "Aren't we so lucky that we only leave 3 hours away and we can come for fun weekends like this one?" He said through his tears, "Yes. Can we come back next weekend?"

1 comment:

pat fonnesbeck said...

Yes, good times, Britton!! Thanks for being willing to spend the time in the car with three active kids to come spend time with us!